Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Episode 64 - Here comes summer!

Summer is upon us! School is winding down and the fog has returned to Santa Cruz. Time to think about summer knitting and joining in on the Colors of Fall 2014 KAL, #yarniacsfall2014KAL
We chat about the fall colors, options, and try to narrow down both our yarn and pattern choices. We hope you will join in and have fun with it. Last year, one of my favorite things was seeing everyone's "styled" pics. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
- Sharlene

What are we wearing?

Ribby Pulli by Bonne Marie Burns
Liesl by Cocoknits
Gayle's Liesl

What are we stalking?
Inner Peace by Joji Locatelli
Surry Hills by Maria Magnusson
...hint of summer by Isabell Kraemer
Painted Pixels Blanket by Susan Carlson
Waikiki Wildflower Blanket by Susan Carlson
Wrap around crochet bracelet by Yuli Nilssen
Mudra Cuff by Laura Nelkin
Kable Kuff by Laura Nelkin

What are we knitting?
Viajante by Martina Behm
Quince and Company Kestrel, a linen yarn
Candelia by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
Sharlene's Candelia

What have we finished?
Flamingo Mittens by SpillyJane
Gayle's Flamingo Mittens

Pantone colors of Fall 2014 KAL #yarniacsfall2014
Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2014
If you prefer to download the pdf, you can find it here.  (It will start downloading if you click this one.)
Designer Lela Rose wants a "deep Navy, chunky, cashmere cable-knit sweater with crystals embedded into the cable knit" for Fall 2014
Nicole Miller wants a "cashmere wrap in Charcoal or Plum."

The men's palette has an additional color called Sea Fog.
Kenneth Cole's mens look featuring Sea Fog in the palette.
Elle magazine Fall 2014 trends


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the nice words about my Surry Hills Cardigan! You made me blush like a little girl! I am new to your podcast but I have found a new favorite! Now I have plenty of episodes to listen to but I love what I have heard so far!

    Ps. My sample is actually knitted in Cascade Ultra Pima DK. Somehow Cascade 220 ended up on top of my pattern page.

    ReplyDelete